Monday, April 11, 2011

Something new, old, borrowed & blue

For years I have suffered with depression. Most days my brain never switches off, leading to melt downs. I think of my problems as mentos in cola bottles toward the end or a kinked hose, you have no idea why the water isnt coming out so you turn the tap further then suddenly it unkinks and the hose explodes.

Well although my life seems pretty easy if you were to see me sitting around chilling on the couch or still in bed having casual nanna naps instead of doing housework, working or sewing - living my dream.

My dream is and always would be when growing up was to be a shop keeper.  Creating interesting things made from recycled goods. When i was young, creating stuff from recycled goods was silly and usually only for kids in grade school or child care workers. I remember in high school art (year 2002) i made a fruit loop necklace made from real fruit loops, everyone thought it was a mad concept, but through trial and error- it was just that - an error. Varnish made it yellow, shellac shouldnt have been considered, and well back then epoxy resin wasnt available as easily as it is now.
I reconsidered trialling this food jewellery yet again after finding that gross discoloured necklace in a box of memories at my mothers place last year.

So i have a few ideas up my sleeve. Bought a silicone & resin kit. But unfortunately the wrong resin so gonna get another one soon and hope my new jewellery line is a success. I have loads of candies lined up to be dipped. They had a few coats of clear coat varnish and some yellowing occurred on some but i can use that to my avantage. No waste here.

Which is good b/c thats how i stumbled upon my creation besides finding fruit loops. Haha.

I've been on a journey now to research if others have thought the same as I. It turns out usually nothing is new, everyone thinks the same. Our ideas are usually that of someone else. Or so we are to believe?
Australian Jewellery Designer:Minnette: Her take on lollies

I was shuffling through some of my mothers old fabrics and found some creations that back then in the early 90s were awesome but my sister and i laughed about that would never have caught on. When i did see them arise in later years. It was then and now i have come to appreciate what she thought of and created. Be proud of what you invent.

If we kids hadn't of laughed at my mothers creations such as the detachable arm guard sleeves you wear to protect your arms from sunburn when driving. Or the waistband belt type thing, i do believe its called the tummy sleeve and is now used by pregnant woman, but this "belt" became popular when chicks were wearing low waist jeans and ass cracks were often accidentally being displayed.


Now losing track of this blog entry is about, again... (my head feels heavy and ghosts are haunting my teeth), so i'll wrap it up with....BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU CREATE!!! even if people laugh and say its stupid....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment